Rich & Mouthwatering Mini Chocolate Truffle Cakes
Easy and incredibly rich, this recipe for mini chocolate truffle cakes is a cross between a truffle and a brownie and is always a crowd pleaser!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Yield: 24 mini cakes 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 5 tablespoons butter, plus extra for greasing
- cocoa powder for dusting muffin tins
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate*
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate*
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat pastry flour**
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder***
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Use a pastry brush to grease 24 mini-sized muffin cups with softened butter. Dust with cocoa powder and tap out excess.
- Melt both chocolates, butter and 1 tablespoon of the sugar for 1 minute in the microwave and then whisk until smooth (or heat over a pot of simmering water). Let stand until it cools and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, the flour and espresso powder to the bowl of a food processor and process for about 2 minutes. Add chocolate mixture in four additions, pulsing after each until combined (it is a thick batter).
- Use a small cookie scoop (a scant tablespoon) to add dough into prepared muffin cups, leveling the tops with the back as needed.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes before turning out onto cooling racks to cool completely.
*I have found that both chips or chopped chocolate work equally well for this recipe, so use what you have.
**You can use any flour, even almond flour to keep it GF.
***The espresso powder is optional, though I do like how it subtly brings out the chocolate flavor more.
Other Easy Chocolate Desserts You May Like:
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables