Mocha Chip Cookies
A crowd-pleasing, flavorful recipe for mocha chip cookies to change up regular chocolate chip cookies and get your coffee and cookie in one package!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 3-4 dozen 1x
- 2 Tb. hot water
- 1/4 c. instant coffee granules (or 2 Tb. if using espresso powder)
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2–2/3 c. flour
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water in a small measuring cup; set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream the butter and sugars together. Add the eggs, vanilla, and dissolved coffee and mix well.
- Add the flour, soda, and salt and continue mixing. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 8-1/2 minutes (do not overbake) and let cool on cookie sheet a minute or two before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: this recipe was originally published in 2009 and has been updated with all new photos, clearer formatting and printable recipe.
More Cookie Recipes You May Like:
This article is part of the 8 Weeks of Christmas Ideas series where you’ll find resources for cooking, gift ideas, time savers, recipes, traditions & more all November and December through the 24th.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links and by clicking on them you help support AOC at no extra cost to you – thanks so much! Plus you can trust I’ll only share what I love. (You can always read our entire disclosure page here.)
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables