Quadruple Chocolate Decadent Brownie Recipe
Made with milk, white, dark and unsweetened chocolates, this rich, decadent brownie recipe is perfect for special occasions and holiday cookie plates.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 24 pieces 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1–1/4 cup butter (2–1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 pound unsweetened chocolate, chopped (OR: 1/2 cup oil + 1-1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder, mixed)
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (OR 1 cup unbleached + 1 cup whole wheat OR all unbleached)
- 3/4 cup (about 1/4 pound) bittersweet chocolate, chopped or chips (divided)
- 3/4 cup (about 1/4 pound) white chocolate, chopped or chips (divided)
- 3/4 cup (about 1/4 pound) milk chocolate, chopped or chips (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving the long sides with longer pieces to be able to lift the brownies from the pan after cooking.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate (OR oil/cocoa powder mixture) over low heat, stirring until melted.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar with the eggs, vanilla and salt. Add the melted chocolate-butter mixture and whisk until smooth. Add the flour and stir well. Fold in 1/2 cup each of the three chocolates.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup of each chocolate separately in 3 small microwave-safe bowls and melt. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolates over the batter. Using a table knife, make swirls in the batter for a marbled effect.
- Bake 35 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through, until the tops are shiny and the brownies are set. Do not over bake or the edges will be dry. These are a fudgy brownie.
- Transfer the brownies to a wire rack to cool completely. Use parchment handles to lift from the pans and use a pizza cutter or large knife to cut into squares.
Make-Ahead: Cut into sizes for gifting, wrap in plastic wrap (or cut for serving and store in freezer-safe container) and freeze for 3-4 months.
Keywords: brownie, chocolate, white chocolate, dessert, holiday food, Christmas, food gift
Other Easy & Delicious Treats To Try:
This article is part of the 8 Weeks of Christmas Ideas series where you’ll find resources for cooking, gift ideas, time savers, recipes, traditions & more all November and December through the 24th.
Subscribe & Grab Your Holiday Helpers!