It’s been awhile since I shared some of the sites I’ve been enjoying, so I thought I’d pass my top five along to see if you might enjoy them, too.
1. Gina at Home Joys shared a tip for creating thicker tomato sauce without peeling, cooking down, or adding any paste or thickener. It’s made making the sauce we use for pizzas SO much simpler- I’m so glad I learned this tip from her.
2. Over at Kitchen Stewardship Katie posted her salsa recipe for canning, and while I still make my favorite salsa I learned from her post that I don’t have to peel the tomatoes first! This saves a huge amount of time and since we’re OK with less chunky salsa, it works for me.
These two tips have cut in half the time spent canning sauce and salsa- I can’t believe I’ve been canning for years and never done these. Apparently, you can teach an old dog new tricks!
Maybe I chose these next two because Brian and I just celebrated our anniversary, but I’ve been really touched by blog friends sharing stories about their husbands.
3. My friend Tara at Feels Like Home shared about her husband and her stumbling upon quality time together at a bookstore and the book that is helping them along.
4. And Angie from Many Little Blessings made me smile with her story about how her husband comes to her rescue whenever it’s needed.
Finally, I want to congratulate one of our regular Tuesday Garden Party Participants:
5. Shannan at Traveling Memories had her garden featured in her local newspaper! I’ve always admired the way she took a typical small urban yard and made it beautiful and functional with raised beds, gravel paths, vegetables and flowers. Check it out, it’s very inspiring!
I’m off to see what the garden looks like after a week of wet weather, *sigh* but the weather is supposed to be about 80 degrees and sun for the next week, so maybe there’s “life in them thar tomatoes and peppers” yet!
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables