No Fail Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
- 1/2 cup brown sugar cane sugar and coconut sugar work, too
- 1 ½ cup shredded zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil light olive, melted coconut, expeller pressed sunflower or walnut oils work
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts totally optional, but we love it with walnuts
- sugar-cinnamon mixture or plain sugar, to dust pans (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or oil a 8"x 4" loaf pan and coat with a teaspoon of sugar-cinnamon; tap out any excess sugar (while it's optional, this makes the loaf really good - trust me).
- In a mixing bowl beat together the sugar, zucchini, and egg. Add oil and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir. Fold in the nuts, if using.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with a little raw sugar for more crunch, if desired. Bake for 45-50 minutes*, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.
- Add 3/4 cup chocolate chips at the same time as the nuts (or instead of the nuts).
Other Zucchini Recipes You may Like
Note: Originally published in 2009, this recipe has been updated with new photos and printable recipe.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables