One Pot Italian Pasta with Sausage & Spinach
A 30-minute one pot Italian pasta with smoked sausage and spinach is a perfect, healthy meal for busy weeknights.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 c. sliced mushroom and/or 1/2 red pepper, chopped (optional vegetables)
- 3 c. season tomato/pasta sauce (homemade or a 26 oz. jar)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 c. sliced olives (optional)
- 1/2 lb. small-shaped pasta (farfalle, penne, rotini, etc.)
- 1/4 c. cream
- 4 c. baby spinach (or chopped regular size spinach)
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large 4-6 qt. pot over medium-high heat and then saute the onions, garlic, sausage, and any optional vegetables until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, water, seasonings, and olives if using. Increase heat to high, bring to a boil, lower heat to medium-low (or needed to maintain a low boil) and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta, stir well to make sure pasta is covered with sauce and cook, covered, another 10 minutes until pasta is tender (al dente). You may need to adjust heat up to maintain a low boil for the pasta.
- Uncover pot and stir in cream and spinach. Cook another 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Click to go back to page 1 with how-to & tips
Looking for other quick & healthy dinners?
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables