One Pot Italian Pasta with Sausage & Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 pound smoked sausage* sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushroom and/or chopped red pepper optional
- 3 cups season tomato/pasta sauce homemade or a 26 oz. jar
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or more to taste, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced olives optional
- 1/2 pound small-shaped pasta farfalle, penne, rotini, etc.
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 cup spinach chopped
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large 4-6 qt. pot over medium-high heat and then saute the onions, garlic, sausage, and any other vegetables until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, water, seasonings, and olives if using. Increase heat to high, bring to a boil, lower heat to medium-low (or needed to maintain a low boil) and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta, stir well to make sure pasta is covered with sauce and cook, covered, another 10 minutes until pasta is tender (al dente). You may need to adjust heat up to maintain a low boil for the pasta.
- Uncover pot and stir in cream and spinach. Cook another 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Click to go back to page 1 with how-to & tips
Looking for other quick & healthy dinners?
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables