Orange Zucchini Bread Recipe (Whole Wheat & Honey Sweetened)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil mild olive oil, cold-pressed sunflower oil, melted coconut oil, etc.
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cup shredded zucchini
- 3-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two 8x4" loaf pans.
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl and then add oil, honey, orange juice, zest, and zucchini. Mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except nuts if using, and mix until all flour is mixed in. Fold in nuts.
- Divide evenly between the prepared loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes, turning pans at the halfway mark, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans and then turn out onto metal racks to cool. Make optional glaze if using and spread onto slightly warm loaves.
Optional Low Sugar Glaze:*
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a small food processor, mix the honey and butter.
- Add the orange juice gradually while the motor is running.
- It's more of a flavored butter, but really tasty on this bread!
More Zucchini Recipes You May Like:
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists