Orange Zucchini Bread Recipe (Whole Wheat & Honey Sweetened)
An orange zucchini bread made with whole wheat flour and sweetened only with orange juice and honey, making it a healthy and delicious snack or breakfast option for your family.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 loaves
- Category: Snacks, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil (mild olive oil, cold-pressed sunflower oil, melted coconut oil, etc.)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cup shredded zucchini
- 3-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two 8×4″ loaf pans.
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl and then add oil, honey, orange juice, zest, and zucchini. Mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except nuts if using, and mix until all flour is mixed in. Fold in nuts.
- Divide evenly between the prepared loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes, turning pans at the halfway mark, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans and then turn out onto metal racks to cool. Make optional glaze if using and spread onto slightly warm loaves.
Optional Glaze– use a regular powdered sugar glaze (1/2 cup powdered sugar + a couple teaspoons orange juice) or try this buttery, low sugar glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a small food processor, mix the honey and butter.
- Add the orange juice gradually while the motor is running.
- It’s more of a flavored butter, but really tasty on this bread!
*The nutrition facts below are for one slice when each loaf is cut into 11 slices.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 13.4g
- Sodium: 233mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 25.9g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
Keywords: zucchini bread, orange zucchini bread, healthy zucchini bread, healthy snack, breakfast
More Zucchini Recipes You May Like:
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists