Parmesan Rice Cakes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs*
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup onion finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper or to taste
- oil for pan
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well (Tip: if mixture seems dry, add another egg - it should hold together, but not be too runny).
- Heat oil on a nonstick griddle or in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, place a dollop of rice mixture on the griddle/pan, then use the back of the cup to flatten into a patty. Repeat with remaining rice mixture.
- Cook the first side until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes, then flip and cook the other side until brown.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe has been updated- it was first published in March of 2009. This parmesan rice cakes recipe is so popular with my family that I published it in the first months of AOC’s first year – if any recipe deserves to be updated, it’s this one!
More easy side dishes you may like:
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists