Classic Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon. salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips* equals a 12-ounce bag
- Beat the peanut butter, butter, and sugars together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Blend in the flour, baking powder, and salt until mixed well.
- Spread evenly in a 13x9-inch ungreased pan. Sprinkle the bag of chocolate chips over the top as evenly as possible.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and run a knife through the chocolate to marbleize.
- Return to oven for 20 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Cool thoroughly (to keep the top and edges intact) and cut into 24 bars.
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published November 2009.
Other Easy Cookies You May Like:
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists