Classic Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Bars Recipe
Classic & easy, chocolate peanut butter swirl bars have a blondie-like chewy base topped with chocolate twisted throughout, making it a crowd favorite.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon. salt
- 1 12-ounce bag chocolate chips*
- Beat the peanut butter, butter, and sugars together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Blend in the flour, baking powder, and salt until mixed well.
- Spread evenly in a 13×9-inch ungreased pan. Sprinkle the bag of chocolate chips over the top as evenly as possible.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and run a knife through the chocolate to marbleize.
- Return to oven for 20 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Cool thoroughly (to keep the top and edges intact) and cut into 24 bars.
*You can use regular semisweet chocolate chips, dark, milk, or a combo of chocolate and peanut butter chips. We like dark chocolate the best.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 17.9g
- Sodium: 158mg
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrates: 23.7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
Keywords: Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Cookies, Bar Cookies, Dessert, Snack, Kid Friendly
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published November 2009.
Other Easy Cookies You May Like:
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists