Quick And Easy Lava Cakes
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips (bittersweet or semisweet) (3½ ounces)
- 1/3 cup butter plus more for greasing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour*
- 2 eggs
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (if you are cooking right away). Generously grease the inside of four ½ cup ramekins with softened butter and dust with cocoa powder, tapping out any excess.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together how you like - using a double boiler, or in the microwave. I prefer the microwave, using a 4 cup glass measure and heating for 45 seconds, then whisking until smooth. If using a double boiler, transfer the chocolate mixture to a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and flour. Then add the eggs and whisk until everything is incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cups (they will be about 3/4 full) and set the cups on a small cookie sheet to make it easy to go in and out of the oven. See note for make ahead option.**
- Bake for 15 minutes until tops are firm and edges are set. Invert immediately (or at least within five minutes) onto individual serving plates. Dust with additional cocoa powder, if desired.
Other Quick Delicious Desserts You May Like:
Disclosure: affiliate links in this post will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe & Get Lower Sugar Recipes