Roasted Beet Salad With Goat Cheese (Uses Frozen Roasted Beets)
- 4-6 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions preferably sweet
- 2-3 medium beets - peeled roasted and cut into chunks (or use your freezer beets)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese*
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Layer salad ingredients on individual plates or large platter in the order listed.
- TIP: if using roasted beets from the freezer, you can thaw them quickly by submerging the baggie under warm water.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a mason jar or large measuring cup and shake or whisk until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Drizzle over salad ingredients and serve immediately.
Other salad recipes you may like:
- Classic Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe (+ Super Easy, Way Delicious Homemade Croutons)
- Spicy Asian Slaw: A Quick & Easy Salad
- Orange Almond Salad with Orange-Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Chipotle Spice Rubbed Grilled Chicken Salad with Guacamole, Corn & Black Beans
Note: this recipe was originally published in 2010 and has been updated with a Pinterest-friendly image, larger photos and printable recipe. Enjoy!