Healthy Sesame Kale Salad Recipe
Easy Sesame Dressing:
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper *
- 2 tablespoon neutral oil like expeller pressed sunflower or light olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, chopped and massaged (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled & shredded
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved (or a chopped medium tomato)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Optional: Chili-Maple Pecans OR cashews
Make Sesame Dressing:
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; whisk in the oil until everything is mixed well. Set aside.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl (except optional nuts), pour dressing over all and toss all together.
- Top with pecans or other nuts, if using and serve immediately.
More Easy, Delicious Salads to Try
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists