Slow Cooker Pork & Vegetable Stew
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 mins
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 4-1/2 c. cooked white beans (about 1 lb. dried beans or 3 cans)
- 2 lbs. boneless pork, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. red wine (or more broth)
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 c. chopped kale, chard, or spinach
- Salt to taste
- Place beans, pork, onion, carrots, and garlic into the bowl of a large slow cooker.
- Add broth, seasoning, and wine.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Add the chopped greens, stir, cover, and continue cooking for another 30 minutes on High.
- Season with salt to taste.
Serving suggestion: Serve alongside garlic-sour cream mashed potatoes as a change from bread (though a good loaf of bread is good, too!)
NOTE: this recipe was originally published in on the blog in 2010 and has been updated with all new photos, formatting and printable recipe.
Love your slow cooker as much as I do? Here are some more recipes:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables