Soft And Chewy Whole Grain Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup natural peanut butter crunchy or creamy
- 1 cup packed brown sugar natural brown, sucanat, and coconut sugar all work, though with slightly different flavorings
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cup whole wheat pastry flour OR white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chopped chocolate optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line or grease two large cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter with the sugar and honey until well blended. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix well until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour, soda and salt until combined, then add the chocolate chips.
- Drop by large tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until just browning on the edges. The centers may not look done, but will firm up when cooled. Let stand on sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Need more soft & chewy cookie recipes?
Fudgy Grain Free Chocolate Truffle Cookies (grain-free, dairy-free)
Note: this recipe for soft and chewy whole grain peanut butter cookies was originally published in May of 2011 and has been updated with all new photos, clearer formatting and printable recipe.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables