Note: this recipe mentions skimming peanut oil from the top of your peanut butter to use in recipes like this – here’s how and why to save your peanut oil.
Spicy Chicken Noodle Salad
- ½ to ¾ pound linguine or udon, or rice noodles*
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken about 4 thighs or 2 breasts
- 1½ cups grated carrots about 2 large
- 1 medium sweet onion cut in half and sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin matchstick-sized pieces
- 2 cups other vegetables: thinly sliced celery shredded cabbage, snow peas, corn, etc.
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce Sriracha, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or peanut oil, skimmed from the top of natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, if you're a cilantro person...
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. When done, drain the noodles and rinse with cold water to cool them before adding the rest of the salad ingredients.
- While the noodles are cooking, chop all the vegetables and meat.
- Make the dressing: Combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, Sriracha, honey, ginger, garlic, and oil in a glass measure and whisk until smooth (you can also use a food processor to get the sauce really smooth).
- In a large serving bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with peanuts and chopped parsley or cilantro.
- Makes 8 servings
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables