Vegetarian Indian Sub-jee Curry Wraps
A great option for meatless Mondays, ready in 30-45 minutes and easy to customize, these Sub-jee wraps are even better the second day.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 12/-cup servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1/2 head of cauliflower cut into uniform pieces (not florets – just chop it up)
- 2 large potatoes, any kind, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups total of any of the following vegetables, chopped: celery, carrots, sweet peppers, leeks, chard, kale, mushrooms, zucchini…you get the idea!
- 1/2 to 1 whole jalapeño depending on heat tolerance, finely minced (pickled work, too, or about 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander (optional)
- dash ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or chicken)
For serving wrap style:*
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1–1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream or yogurt
- In a large heavy pot, stir together all the ingredients except the ingredients for serving.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Heat the tortillas in foil in the oven or wrapped in a dish towel in the microwave.
- To serve, sprinkle some cheese on a warm tortilla, spoon some of the vegetable mixture down the center of the tortilla, top with some chopped tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream and roll up like a burrito.
*You can also serve it Indian style in bowls along with naan to scoop it out. We top with yogurt and tomatoes when we eat it this way. Choices, choices (hint: both are great!).
- Serving Size: 1/2-2/3 cup
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 398mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrates: 32.6g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 8.8g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
Keywords: curry, vegetarian, vegan, Indian curry, quick meal, easy dinner, meatless mondays, wraps
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published in April of 2009.
Other Easy Meatless Meals to Try:
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists