Vegetarian Indian Sub-jee Curry Wraps
- 1/2 head of cauliflower cut into uniform pieces not florets - just chop it up
- 2 large potatoes any kind, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups total of any of the following vegetables chopped: celery, carrots, sweet peppers, leeks, chard, kale, mushrooms, zucchini.
- 1/2 to 1 whole jalapeño depending on heat tolerance finely minced (pickled work, too, or about 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander optional
- dash ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken
For Serving Wrap Style:*
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream or yogurt
- In a large heavy pot, stir together all the ingredients except the ingredients for serving.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Heat the tortillas in foil in the oven or wrapped in a dish towel in the microwave.
- To serve, sprinkle some cheese on a warm tortilla, spoon some of the vegetable mixture down the center of the tortilla, top with some chopped tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream and roll up like a burrito.
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published in April of 2009.
Other Easy Meatless Meals to Try:
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists