Tex-Mex Salad with Ranch-Style Beans & Homemade Dressing
For Homemade Ranch Style Beans:
- 1 can pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste*
- 4 to 5 tablespoons water or to desired consistency
- 1½ teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1½ teaspoons beef bullion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 to 3 plum tomatoes chopped (slicing tomatoes work, too)
- 1/2 large sweet onion sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 can olives sliced (optional)
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips**
- 1 can Ranch Style Beans with sauce or homemade version included here
- Homemade American-French Dressing or your favorite tomato-based dressing
Homemade Ranch Style Beans:
- If making homemade beans, combine all the bean ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and let cool while making salad.
- Add lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cheese, and olives if using to a large serving bowl.
- Make homemade American French Dressing in a blender.
- Right before serving, mix the salad base with the dressing, beans, and chips. Divide into 4 servings and garnish with more chips if desired.
More easy salads you may like:
Disclosure: affiliate links in this post will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables