Easy Thai Grilled Beef Salad Recipe
A simple and satisfying salad you’ll come to again and again! The beef can be grilled, pan fried, broiled, or even cooked crumbled, your choice.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1 large lime, zested & juiced (about 1/4 cup juice—save zest for meat)
- 1/3 cup peanut oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce or red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon dry ground ginger)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
For Beef Patties:
- 1 pound ground beef*
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- zest from lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or red pepper flakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small head of lettuce, chopped or 10-ounce bag of washed salad greens
- 1–2 cups shredded cabbage (about 1/4 of a head)
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons with the vegetable peeler
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet or red onion, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Let sit to meld flavors while making the rest of the salad.
- Mix ground meat with fish sauce, lime zest, sriracha, salt and garlic powder, stirring well to incorporate evenly. Shape into 8 small patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- Grill patties until done, 5-6 minutes each side (**see note below for other cooking methods).
- While patties are cooking, divide the lettuce and shredded cabbage between 4 dinner plates.
- Top with the carrots, bell pepper and onion slices.
- When the patties are cooked, arrange two of them on each plate, nestling them into the greens.
- Drizzle with dressing and garnish with sesame seeds.
*Ground turkey or chicken can also be used, though you’d need to change the name of the recipe!
**Alternative cooking methods:
- Broil the patties on a broiler pan 3-4 inches from the element, about 5 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until done, about 15 minutes.
- Pan fry in a skillet like you would hamburgers, 3-4 minutes a side.
- Serve like a “Thai taco salad:” Cook the ground meat and seasonings all together in a skillet, breaking up the ground meat as it browns. Let cool slightly before dividing evenly atop the prepared salad plates (or in one large bowl or platter for larger gatherings).
- Serving Size: 2 patties + salad
- Calories: 493
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 945mg
- Fat: 38.8g
- Saturated Fat: 10.6g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 23.5g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
Keywords: salad, main dish, side dish, grilled beef, beef, thai beef salad, beef salad
Other Easy Main Dish Salads To Try:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables