Easy Thai Grilled Beef Salad Recipe
- 1 large lime, zested & juiced (about 1/4 cup juice—save zest for meat)
- 1/3 cup peanut oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce or red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
For Beef Patties:
- 1 pound ground beef*
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- zest from lime, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce or red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small head of lettuce, chopped or 10-ounce bag of washed salad greens
- 1-2 cups shredded cabbage, about 1/4 of a head
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons with the vegetable peeler
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet or red onion, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Let sit to meld flavors while making the rest of the salad.
- Mix ground meat with fish sauce, lime zest, sriracha, salt and garlic powder, stirring well to incorporate evenly. Shape into 8 small patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- Grill patties until done, 5-6 minutes each side (**see note below for other cooking methods).
- While patties are cooking, divide the lettuce and shredded cabbage between 4 dinner plates.
- Top with the carrots, bell pepper and onion slices.
- When the patties are cooked, arrange two of them on each plate, nestling them into the greens.
- Drizzle with dressing and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Broil the patties on a broiler pan 3-4 inches from the element, about 5 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until done, about 15 minutes.
- Pan fry in a skillet like you would hamburgers, 3-4 minutes a side.
Other Easy Main Dish Salads To Try:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables