Happy Tuesday Garden Party! Are you vegetable gardeners swimming in produce like I am? Between our warmer than normal summer and the bee hives on our property, our garden is producing like mad and it’s all I can do to keep up! I’ve already put up 9 quarts of Easy Frozen Roasted Tomato Sauce, 20 pints of my Favorite Salsa (made super easy this way, now), 16 qt. bags of unblanched green beans and 5 gallon bags of corn on the cob (unblanched – trying a new method). I’ve made Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes, a double batch of Freezer Zucchini-Cinnamon Muffins (just the dough is frozen, so you can have fresh muffins in 30 minutes!), and a couple batches of No Fail Zucchini Bread. And more is coming – whew! I see some sticking-things-in-freezer-bags-to-deal-with-later happening in my future…
P.S. You’ll notice the party says 4 blogs now since Tracie of Fishtail Cottage had to bow out of the group party. We’re sorry to see her go, of course, but know we’ll be seeing her join her posts up with the TGP in the future!
An Oregon Cottage: Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
Frugal Family Home: Facebook|Pinterest|Instagram|Twitter|Google+
Simplify Live Love: Facebook|Pinterest|Instagram|Twitter|Google+
Creative Country Mom: Facebook|Pinterest|Twitter|Google+
Thank you for sharing all your gardening progress, wisdom and inspiration with us each week! When you link your post here it will automatically be seen on all Four blogs – all you have to do is link to ONE of our sites. Feel free to follow our Tuesday Garden Party Pinterest board where you may get a sneak peak of our weekly favorites and features, and search and follow #TuesdayGardenParty on any of your social media!
From your host for this week, Michelle @ Simplify Live Love:
My garden actually looks terrible after weeks of dry weather and I haven’t been doing much in it. I should have been watering, but didn’t. Now that we’ve got heat indices back in the 100s – right in time for the beginning of the school year – we finally got much needed rain. I’m hopeful that with the heat and the water, my garden will back in business and I will gather enough tomatoes to make the most awesome Roasted Tomato Sauce ever!
If my own tomatoes don’t do much, I’m taking comfort in the fact that I’m heading down to Missouri later this week and will can up my dad’s surplus tomatoes. He got all the rain we did not and his tomatoes look absolutely amazing this year. I’ve got tons and tons of green tomatoes in my garden – just need them to turn red now. Since my garden is nice and moist again, I really, really need to get out there and weed, finally! I haven’t weeded in soooo long.
Weeding and drying herbs will keep me busy early next week and canning my dad’s tomatoes will keep me busy later on. What will be your garden tasks for the week?
…..On to this week’s lovely features…..
1. The Potential Of A Broken Rocking Chair – by My Creative Days – I love this DIY flower planter and would love to see how it looks now after a few months of growth!
2. Dallying in the Dahlia Garden – by Garden Grumbles and Cross Stich Fumbles – I planted dahlias in my own garden for the first time this year and am stunned by the varieties pictured in this beautiful post!
3. Garden Bloggers Bloom Day – by A Student Gardener – if you like flowers, check out the gorgeous beds in this post. The colors are beautiful!
4. A Garden Birthday Party – by Pondside – Wow! What a perfect setting for a first birthday party. I adore these pictures.
5. The Bug Detour – by GardenUpGreen – I often grumble about the harmful bugs in my garden. I love this post about beneficial insects!! It’s a refreshing change.
Now onto what you have to share this week!