Ultimate No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar*
- 3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
Nut Butter Bar:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup nut butter peanut, almond, cashew...
For Both Bar Variations:
- 3 cups granola crush any large pieces
- 1-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal or other puffed cereal
- 4 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 cup TOTAL add-ins ** see note
- Line a 13" x 9" pan with parchment or waxed paper (the pan can be lightly greased as well, but cutting and removing the bars won't be as easy).
- Combine the first ingredients of bar you are making (3 ingredients for regular bar, 2 for nut butter bar) in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine and melt together until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly right in the saucepan (see article tips on adding chocolate chips - add them last).
- When everything is mixed well, scrape into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Press the mixture down very firmly.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before removing from the pan, cutting into bars, and placing in baggies or an air tight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or the freezer for longer storage.
- 1/2. cup cranberries, chopped (important for them to meld into bar and not fall out) + 1/2 cup chopped almonds= Cranberry Almond Bars
- 1/2 cup peanuts + 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (1/2 cup seemed too much) + nut butter variation = P.B. Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1/2 cup coconut + 1/2 cup chopped apricots = Coconut Apricot Bars
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips + 1/2 cup chopped cashews = White Chocolate Cashew Bars
- your favorite combo!
Looking for More Simple Homemade Pantry Basics?
A Pantry Basic is anything we normally use and have in our pantries that most people buy from the store – and some (like me!) didn’t even know could be made at home! See more pantry basics here.
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists