Amazing Sourdough Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups warm water just tap-water warm
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup melted butter you can use oil, but butter or ghee tastes better
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- For serving: fruit whipped cream, maple syrup, etc.
- The night before you want to make the waffles, combine first three ingredients in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Cover and let stand overnight at room temperature.
- In the morning add the eggs, oil, honey, and salt. Stir the baking soda in the tablespoon of warm water, stir quickly and then pour right into the batter.
- Mix together gently and let stand about 15 minutes while the waffle iron heats up. Cook until done, lightly greasing the iron after each waffle.
Other Sourdough Recipes You May Like:
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists