Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour*
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Beat until blended, scraping sides as needed. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pat dough evenly in a parchment-lined or buttered 13x9-inch pan, using water to wet fingers in order to spread smoothly if needed.
- Bake until golden around the edges, 25 minutes. Let cool on a rack until just warm (about 20-30 minutes) and cut into 24 pieces.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container for a couple days at room temperature or freeze for longer storage.
Other Easy Bar Cookies You May Like:
Chocolate Topped Oatmeal Bars (Gluten & Dairy Free)
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published in April of 2010.
Subscribe & Get Simple Real Food Dinner Menus + Shopping Lists