Whole Grain Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries & Walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- 1/2 cup choice of add-ins: dried cranberries chocolate chips, or raisins (optional)
- About 2 Tablespoons raw or regular sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 2 baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment (alternately, grease lightly).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and oats together and add to the creamed ingredients, mixing well. Stir in any optional ingredients.
- Place 2 tablespoons of sugar into a small, shallow bowl. Use a 1-1/2″ cookie scoop (about a tablespoon) to form dough into balls and dip tops in sugar before placing on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 8-1/2 minutes - do not overbake.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
Other Cookies You May Like:
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables