Whole Wheat Skillet Blackberry Cobbler Recipe (Pour-in-Pan, 10-minute Prep)
- 1/3 cup butter cut into 3 pieces
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar brown, coconut, or cane
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2½ cups fresh blackberries
- optional: 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Start oven heating to 350 degrees; place butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet (or deep-dish pie pan) and place in oven to melt, 2-4 minutes (check to make sure it doesn't burn).
- Meanwhile, mix the milk, 2/3 cup of sugar, flour, and baking powder (and cinnamon if using) in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Remove skillet from oven and pour the batter evenly over the butter, without stirring.
- Arrange the blackberries in a layer on the batter and then sprinkle with the remaining 2 TB. sugar.
- Bake 25-35 minutes until crisp around the edges and a toothpick inserted in a center dough part comes out clean.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving for easier cutting.
Other AOC blackberry recipes to try (can you ever have too many?):
4 Ingredient Blackberry-Chia Freezer Jam (done in minutes!)
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables