Amazing Basic Spice Rub for Grilling & Roasting
A perfect combination of salt and seasonings to keep on hand and use for grilling and roasting meats, vegetables, and more.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 1 /2 cup
- 1/4 cup kosher salt*
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoons chili powder OR 2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning**
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar (omit if you'd like, though the touch of sweet is nice in grilling)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more - adjust for personal taste
*If using sea salt, reduce to 3 tablespoons.
**Most of the time I make it with the chili powder, but I do love the flavor of Old Bay - if you have it on hand, give it a try every once in a while for a change.
Here are some ideas for using this rub:
- Rub on meats before baking or grilling. Add a sauce at the end, or not.
- Sprinkle on cut potatoes before roasting or grilling.
- Sprinkle on vegetables before roasting or grilling.
- Add to ground meat when making burgers (terrific!).
- Sprinkle on freshly steamed vegetables.
Serving: 1teaspoons | Calories: 13kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1186mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 443IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg