Chicken Lime Lettuce Wraps
Chicken lime lettuce wraps are a quick and easy weeknight meal or fun appetizer, made in 10 minutes using precooked rotisserie style chicken.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup lime juice about 3 small or 2 large limes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut coconut, or olive oil
- 1 small onion cut in half and sliced thinly
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Thai chile or serrano or jalapeno chili minced (optional - 1/2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce can be substituted)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (or use about 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey, cooked with onion in step 2)
- 2 large carrots peeled and shredded (or shredded cabbage, broccoli, snow peas, etc. and diced red sweet pepper)
- 1 tablespoon minced mint leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 head lettuce separated into leaves (butterhead, romaine or rotisserie)
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon verbena or lemon balm leaves optional
- sweet chili sauce and/or Sriracha optional for serving
Combine lime juice, honey, fish sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over med-high heat, add the onions and cook for a couple minutes. Lower heat to medium and add garlic and chile or red pepper flakes and stir together.
Add chicken and shredded carrots or vegetables and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the lime juice mixture and mint, stirring together just until heated through.
Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Spoon heaping tablespoons of chicken-lime mixture onto lettuce leaves and serve with optional lemon verbena and sweet chili sauce.
Serving: 2wraps | Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 396mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 9010IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3mg