Easy Thai Grilled Beef Salad Recipe
A simple and satisfying salad you'll come to again and again! The beef can be grilled, pan fried, broiled, or even cooked crumbled, your choice.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large lime, zested & juiced (about 1/4 cup juice—save zest for meat)
- 1/3 cup peanut oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce or red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
For Beef Patties:
- 1 pound ground beef*
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- zest from lime, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce or red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small head of lettuce, chopped or 10-ounce bag of washed salad greens
- 1-2 cups shredded cabbage, about 1/4 of a head
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons with the vegetable peeler
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet or red onion, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds for garnish
Mix ground meat with fish sauce, lime zest, sriracha, salt and garlic powder, stirring well to incorporate evenly. Shape into 8 small patties about 1/2-inch thick.
Grill patties until done, 5-6 minutes each side (**see note below for other cooking methods).
While patties are cooking, divide the lettuce and shredded cabbage between 4 dinner plates.
Top with the carrots, bell pepper and onion slices.
When the patties are cooked, arrange two of them on each plate, nestling them into the greens.
Drizzle with dressing and garnish with sesame seeds.
*Ground turkey or chicken can also be used, though you'd need to change the name of the recipe!
**Alternative cooking methods for patties:
OR just serve like a "Thai taco salad:" Cook the ground meat and seasonings all together in a skillet, breaking up the ground meat as it browns. Let cool slightly before dividing evenly atop the prepared salad plates (or in one large bowl or platter for larger gatherings).
- Broil the patties on a broiler pan 3-4 inches from the element, about 5 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until done, about 15 minutes.
- Pan fry in a skillet like you would hamburgers, 3-4 minutes a side.
Serving: 2patties + salad | Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 23.5g | Fat: 38.8g | Saturated Fat: 10.6g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 945mg | Fiber: 3.4g | Sugar: 7.5g