Glazed Zucchini Lemon Bread
- 3 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon zest or zest from 1 large lemon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar*
- 3/4 cup sunflower oil refined coconut oil (melted) or light olive oil
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; butter and flour two 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pans (see note for options).
- In a medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and zest.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs and sugar for about 2 minutes, then add the oil, lemon juice and zucchini and mix well.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and stir just until all the flour is incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Immediately pour the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes for loaf pans (18-22 minutes if using an 8-loaf pan) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans before turning out onto a cooling rack set over a baking sheet or waxed paper (to catch glaze drips).
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with a cup of powdered sugar (or as much needed to get a light glaze) until smooth.
- Drizzle over the warm loaves, spreading as needed to drip down sides.
- Serve warm or let cool completely before storing in airtight containers 1-2 days at room temperature or freezing for up to six months.
This recipe has been updated – it was originally published November 2012.
Other Zucchini Recipes To Try:
Zucchini Cinnamon Muffins (from frozen dough!)
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe & Get Lower Sugar Recipes