Sriracha Beef and Vegetable Rice Bowls
Healthy and satisfying in any season, these beef and vegetable rice bowls are ready in less than 30 minutes and can be made as spicy as you’d like.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 4 green onions, sliced (optional)
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Sriracha Sauce Topping:
- 1/4 cup Sriracha*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- water, if needed, to thin
- Cook Beef Mixture: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and break it up, then add the garlic, ginger, onion, and red pepper. Cook until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are cooked. Stir in the 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha and salt to taste.
- Make Sriracha Sauce Topping: while beef and vegetables are cooking, mix all the topping ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. If needed, add a bit of water to thin to pouring consistency (I needed about a teaspoon of water).
- Assemble Bowls: divide spinach between 4 bowls and top each with 1/2 cup of rice and a 1/4 of the beef mixture. Arrange the carrots and cabbage over the bowls. Drizzle some of the Sriracha sauce topping over all, leaving some to serve at the table. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
*This makes a spicy sauce – to make the sauce less spicy, use only 1 to 3 tablespoons Sriracha, as desired.
Variations: You can use any ground meat or even leftover shredded meat as well as other raw vegetables.
Other One Dish Meals You May Like:
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables