Welcome to our natural and neutral fall porch! I don't know what it is about fall that makes me want to decorate our porch - other than planting flowers, I don't really do any other porch decorating besides fall and Christmas. I try to keep our wreath seasonal, but that doesn't even happen all the time if I'm honest!
Actually now that I think about it, it's probably because it's so easy: pumpkins + mums = fall decor. Bam.
Oh, and hydrangeas of course! And since I grow the pumpkins and the hydrangeas, all I have to do is grab a few mums and I'm good to go. You're all probably not surprised to see that I love to keep fall decor neutral and natural - it just makes me happy to see green and white pumpkins. If orange and red make your heart sing, go for it! The principals here for easy decorating stay the same no matter what your colors are.
Easy Decorating Ideas for Fall Porches
1. Use what you have. I just add to what I already have on our porch - no way would I ever bring all new items to our porch every season. Not many have time (or funds) for that, right? The spent summer flowers got pulled and pumpkins and hydrangeas took their place.
I did grab a few containers from our garden shed for the mums, which I bought in yellows and creams to echo our house colors.
2. Add natural elements. How easy is it just to set out different sized pumpkins on stairs, benches and planters? Though I have to admit it was made even easier this year because of our record pumpkin harvest - I had so many to choose from!
3. Pull from inside your house. I've had this square twig wreath for years - I raided my office bulletin board for the "B" monogram and stuck a few hydrangeas in the bottom for this quick 5 minute wreath. Whatever works!
4. Grow your own, if you can. I love, love Baby Boo pumpkins for decorating and have grown them for years. I think I'd always find a place to grow some, even if it was in a flower boarder somewhere!
5. Move things around. This is my favorite part of the porch this season: we moved the Adirondack chairs from the backyard to this area of our porch and it makes a perfect new sitting area. Love it.
6. Enjoy! Add a cup of tea, some sunny and 70 fall weather and this is where you'll likely find me and Brian until the weather turns too cold. Want to join us?
I hope you've enjoyed this glimpse of fall - and maybe grabbed some inspiration for your own fall porch no matter what kind of porch/entry you've got - seasonal decorating doesn't need to be complicated. Trust me, it'll make you smile whenever you walk up to your door!