These grain free peanut butter brownies are sweetened only with honey, and you can make them with ingredients you have right in your pantry! Find more recipes on the Simple Cookie Recipes page.
Are you ready to be blown away by this simple, real food recipe like we were? When I posted the original recipe on Facebook awhile ago, it was shared, commented on, and a few readers even made it right away since it uses ingredients many of us have in our pantries (which is why I shared it, actually). I made them, too, and they were okay – but of course I thought the recipe would be better with a few tweaks, namely using the classic peanut butter and chocolate combo that our family loves.
Since I also love the flavor of peanut butter with honey, I made my version with honey and added a bit of espresso powder to heighten the chocolate flavor. And they are fabulous – we LOVE them! And the fact that they are grain-free? It’s a bonus – and brownies are certainly a fun way to get a protein and antioxidant boost, aren’t they?
Look at that great texture – just like a brownie made with flour (I added a few mini chocolate chips, just because, but as you can see they needed to be pushed more into the dough before baking so they don’t just sit on top like that…). I guess I don’t have to say that these have been very popular with most everyone who’s tried them…except Brian who still prefers to not mix peanut butter and chocolate. I can’t even wrap my head around that – I just feel really sorry for him. 🙂Print
Grain-Free Peanut Butter Honey Brownies
A delicious brownie with the classic combo of peanut butter and chocolate.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Total Time: 26 mins
- Yield: 16-20 bars
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1 egg
- 2 Tb. melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder (sifted to make it easier to mix in)
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips, divided (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment (optional, for easy lifting and cutting). Note: 9×9 pans will produce thinner brownies and will need to be cooked less so they don’t dry out.
- Mix peanut butter, honey, egg, butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, and 2 Tb. mini chocolate chips if using, and mix until incorporated (it’s okay if the peanut butter is still swirled in places – it just makes it look marbled).
- Evenly spoon dough into prepared pan and spread the dough to fill the pan. Sprinkle with optional remaining 2 Tb. chocolate chips and press down slightly.
- Bake for about 16-18 minutes, until puffed and firm around the edges, with a soft center.
- Let cool in pan on a rack before lifting out of pan and cutting into 16-20 bars.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables