It’s that time of year again – time to make our houses extra-presentable with some holiday cleaning tips using quality cleaning supplies, including my #1 favorite tip of all time.
Some links in this article are affiliate links and if you click on them and purchase I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
I love the holidays and since discovering Grove Collaborative (where I get my all-time favorite Mrs. Meyer’s Lavender Toilet Bowl Cleaner) I love using quality cleaning supplies to make our home ready for entertaining.
At the holidays, Mrs. Meyers cleaners are scented with limited fragrances like peppermint, orange and pine. These seriously smell so amazing. Check out the offerings here (and new customers can get a 5-piece free gift set!).
I’m sharing a few cleaning tips with you that I use this time of year (and throughout the year) since we’re hosting family and friends in our homes maybe a bit more than usual. These are things I do to make life easier during this busy time because who needs something else to worry about?
Holiday Cleaning Tips
My biggest cleaning tip ANY time of the year:
Have a family cleaning night (please, please do this – you will NOT be sorry!). When you have a regular cleaning night (that everyone is involved in) you will always be able to invite people to your home – even spontaneously – without having to run around beforehand.
Here are some other cleaning tips to make your home holiday-ready:
- If your windows are covered in fingerprints and dog nose prints, how will you be able to see who’s coming? Use my ‘secret’ interior window and mirror cleaning hack: wet one corner of a microfiber cloth with water and wipe to clean, then use the dry part of the cloth to make it streak-free (yep, just water!).
- Need to clean the oven before all that cooking? Skip the scrubbing and give your oven a quick steam bath that’s quicker and less-smelly than running the auto-clean: Fill a casserole dish with water and ½ cup of vinegar. Heat the oven to 350, let the water boil for 30 minutes, then let it cool down. Grab a paper towel and wipe the grease away.
- Squirt some scented dish soap down your garbage disposal and run it for 30 seconds to get rid of smells. The suds will clean your drain and spread the soap’s scent around your kitchen.
- After baking, give your counters and appliances a quick wipe down with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Fluffy towels in your bathroom makes it feel like a five-star hotel. Toss towels in the wash with ½ cup of vinegar to refresh and soften them up.
- Do a quick vacuum, sprinkling your carpet with baking soda before vacuuming to deodorize and revive the carpet fibers.
The Bubble Up brush is one of my favorite items from Grove. It’s so cool – you add soap and water under a perforated bottom and when you push the brush onto it, it automatically loads it with soap. Who knows, your family may just fight to see who gets to do the dishes with this little contraption!
If you’re not familiar with Grove Collaborative, it’s a subscription service that makes creating a healthy, beautiful home effortless and affordable. I can choose my favorite products from brands like Mrs. Meyer’s, Seventh Generation, and Method at great prices and Grove delivers them right to my doorstep, on my schedule. They always let me know when a shipment is ready and I can add items or postpone it completely if needed. It’s really flexible.
New customers can get a 5-piece gift set with your first purchase using this link.
No matter what your favorite cleaning supplies are, grab them and then use these holiday cleaning tips to make your house feel festive and party-ready.
And most importantly, ENJOY the holidays!
Disclosure: I received product and/or compensation for this post. As always, the opinions, thoughts, and projects are all mine and I will NEVER promote something I don’t love and think you will find helpful – promise! For more info, you can read our entire disclosure page here.
Subscribe & Grab Your Holiday Helpers!