We have another special podcast episode for you that we recorded on video so you can choose to listen, watch - or do both like we heard one reader did with our last podcast video! We're taking a look back at twenty-seven things we've recommended over the past 50 episodes (yep, we hit that milestone!) in our "This Is Really Cool" segment. Are they still cool or not? Spoiler: we explain why we still think 22 of them are, but why 5 of them are now just kind of "meh." We hope you like this and maybe find something new that will help to make your life just a little cooler.
Some links in this article are affiliate links and if you click on them I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
You can download this episode from Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, and TuneIn Radio – or listen to it below right on your computer! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos we talked about in the episode. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
Watch us give our reviews and show the things we still love in this podcast video:
Cool Things That Have Stood The Test
In the order that we mentioned them:
1) Anker Ipad Integrated Cover/Keyboard - Sadly, this is no longer being made! Here is a similar cover-keyboard combo made by Brydge.
3) Monoprice for cheap cables, etc.
6) Barre3 - combo of ballet, pilates, and yoga exercises.
7) Suave Conditioner as a shaving cream - get the cheap $1 at most stores.
8) H&M Home for quality pillows, linens and more for a great price.
11) Inexpensive Kayak Racks (for cars with a luggage rack on top).
12) Seedling Heat Mat, especially for peppers and tomatoes.
13) Impact Driver/Drill.
15) AT&T Ticket Twosdays - BOGO movie tickets through the app.
16) Apple Airpods.
17) LastPass for keeping and using passwords.
18) Italian leather American Eagle Outfitters Backpack.
19) Inexpensive Wetsuit for surfing that works well. (Uh, after we recorded I was like - when did you mention this on the podcast? And Brian said this is to illustrate that his cool thing, surfing, was still cool. Hmmm, not sure that was the spirit of this, but oh well...).
20) Comfortable leather 'Me-Too' Bootie.
22) Peppermint Crunch Junior Mints candy - prepare for next year...you will want these!
And A Few That Haven't
'Lipstick' Charger. Note: I still think it's cool for people who use their phone more than I do (like teens, etc.) since they run out of charge quicker, but I've found I don't need it as much.
Sleep Fan App (for white noise). Ended up sounding like irritating noise after awhile.
Cold Sassy Tree book. The second half (that I hadn't read when I first talked about it) wasn't light and sweet and sort of made me not really care for the book as much.
TaoTronic Bluetooth Headphones. Kept falling out, charge didn't last long.
Arizona Chipotle Spice (though we're split on this...). The company changed their formula (much to my dismay - it was almost the perfect spice!) and though we still use it, it's just not as good (Brian disagrees, though...).
Thanks for listening! If you like this podcast, you can really help us out by telling your friends, subscribing on iTunes, and leaving us a review – that’s how other’s will find us too.
And if you'd like to ask a question or leave an idea for future podcasts you can call (541) 658-0215 to leave a voicemail and we'll talk about it on the air!
For more from An Oregon Cottage, follow on Instagram @AnOregonCottage, Facebook, and Pinterest, and subscribe to the AOC newsletter.
Disclosure: affiliate links in this post will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn't change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.