Give a unique gift of homemade bread to make- a Rosemary Focaccia bread mix packaged in a mason jar with printable tag instructions.
See more unique DIY gifts on the handmade gifts page.
Want to save this?
Enter your email below and you'll get it straight to your inbox. Plus you'll get easy new recipes, gardening tips & more every week!
Some links in this article are affiliate links and if you click on them I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Handmade gifts are a cornerstone at An Oregon Cottage - they are a budget-friendly, meaningful way to bless those you love.
And one of my favorite things to give are gift baskets. I love how creative you can be with them and that they work for a lot of different types of people and families, depending on the ingredients.
And food gifts in particular can be perfect for hostess gifts (to 'return' the favor) as well as for families you know are needing a bit of love in the form of food.
One of the major components of gift baskets are bottles and jars - and most often the classic Mason Jar. Whether they hold cleaning supplies, Italian spices, flavored vinegars, or the loved cookie mix, jars are the stars. And since they can be used for storage afterwards, they also count as a gift themselves!
Needless to say, I'm always looking for interesting things to put into gift jars and this Rosemary Focaccia fits the bill.
Most people may have gotten cookies in a jar, but bread? Probably not as much, so that's a nice change, especially a yeast bread.
Plus, this bread is so easy to make from the mix, it's a great introduction to homemade bread!
Rosemary Focaccia Bread Gift In A Jar
- Bread flour
- Whole wheat flour
- Instant yeast (must be the instant variety)
- Dried rosemary
- Optional: dried red pepper flakes
All the recipient will need to add is water and olive oil with a little salt for topping.
With the detailed, easy instructions even a novice bread-baker will have success with this Italian flat bread.
What a great way to encourage someone you know would like to bake!
Directions for rosemary focaccia jar gift:
- Mix up the dry ingredients.
- Add the ingredients to a pint-sized mason jar with lid.
- Print the recipe card tags printable below and cut out each recipe.
- Glue to a slightly bigger piece of cardstock, fold in half, punch a hole and thread a ribbon through (or simply punch hole in corner of recipe card and attach).
- Use a ribbon to attach the recipe tag with the baking directions to the jar before giving.
Print the Recipe Tags
Click on the image below to open in a new window (then right-click to download to your computer):
You can give the bread on its own in a bread basket lined with a pretty napkin.
Or it can be part of a bigger basket. I like to pair it with this Red Beans & Rice jar gift - or try an Italian theme with a jar of sauce and some herbs.
However you give it, I'm sure it will be a hit, and who knows? You might get someone started down the bread-baking path!
Rosemary Focaccia Bread Mix for Jar
- Pint (16 ounces) glass jar and lid
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon dried rosemary crumbled
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional, but really good
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to blend.
- Transfer to a 1-pint glass jar and seal.
- Print and cut out recipe card. Add a ribbon or twine to attache recipe card to jar.
Have you ever given - or received a mix in a jar?
Other Mason Jar Gift Ideas
Disclosure: affiliate links in this post will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn't change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.