An incredibly easy sheet pan roasted chicken and vegetables recipe with a refreshing flavor of lemon and garlic, ready to bake in about 15 minutes.
This recipe for lemon-garlic roasted chicken and vegetables always reminds me of one of my preschool students who liked to say things were “easy peasy” for her. And this dish is so easy, that it would make a great meal to teach your kids make – though probably a bit older than preschool aged.
However this doesn’t taste like it’s thrown together in 15 minutes, not with olive oil, lemon, garlic, and herbs to flavor the chicken and vegetables. It’s more of a sop-up-every-bit-with-bread type of meal. Which means it’s going to be one of those meals that will make it into your menu rotation often.
Sheet Pan Lemon-Garlic Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
How easy does this sound?
Toss lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cut up some potatoes, carrots, onions and whatever other vegetable you’d like to roast like peppers or cauliflower. Or not – this is super adaptable to whatever vegetables you have or that your family likes.
Put all the vegetables into the bowl with the marinade and toss to coat and then transfer the vegetables to a large baking sheet. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade left in the bowl, mix them around a bit and set them on top of the vegetables before baking.
With recipes like this, everyone can be a great cook! You can serve this to family and guests alike and you will get nothing but raves.
Easy Lemon-Garlic Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- juice of 1 large lemon or 2 small
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ pounds potatoes cut into 1-inch chunks if large or in half if small
- 1 pound carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 2½ cups)
- 1 large onion peeled and cut
- other vegetables like cut sweet peppers or cauliflower florets optional
- 2 to 3 pounds chicken pieces breasts, legs, thighs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer the vegetables with a slotted spoon to a large baking sheet lined with silicone, parchment, or coated with oil.
- Add the chicken to the remaining marinade in the bowl, tossing to coat. Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, turning the vegetables a couple of times, until the vegetables are fork-tender and the chicken is done (juices run clear).*
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables