Flourless chocolate truffle cookies are simple and easy, made with basic pantry ingredients that results in a chewy, fudgy, "top 10" cookie. Find our other top cookie recipes on the Simple Cookie Recipes page!
Want to save this?
Enter your email below and you'll get it straight to your inbox. Plus you'll get easy new recipes, gardening tips & more every week!
I created this recipe a couple weeks ago using a peanut butter recipe I've had for 20 years as a base and then adapting it to make a fudgy, super chocolatey cookie that pretty much melts in your mouth. While any nut butter will work as the base here, the mild flavor of cashew butter lets the chocolate shine. No one can guess what they're made with when I use cashew butter, but peanut butter and, to a lesser degree, almond butter leave no doubts about what one of the main ingredients is.
Of course there's a lot of chocolate and some sugar and eggs, but those are the only main ingredients, plus a few more like vanilla, salt and baking soda. Gotta love simple recipes like this that are also fast and easy, ready to eat in about 30 minutes using basic pantry staples.
Oh, and the result? Well, they're "definitely in the top 10" according to one friend and three others asked for the recipe when I served them for our weekly home group. My family finished the small batch off in days and well, I'm kinda partial to them, too. 🙂 I'm pretty proud of these and have made them numerous times, so I know they'll be great for you, too. Put these at the top of your 'to make' list!
Flourless Chocolate Truffle Cookies (Grain-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 1 cup cashew butter*
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ to 1 cup packed brown sugar**
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone or parchment.
- Combine cashew butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until completely mixed together, about 1 minute. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon-sized cookie scoop, drop onto prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-9 minutes until puffed and crinkled (they will still be soft) and let stand on sheet about 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.