- I did not want a dog, but we promised the kids one when we moved.
- We were looking for a small to medium sized dog who would live outside most of the time.
- Our dog is not small to medium and lives inside most of the time.
- Our dog came via my Dad who rescued him from wandering their neighborhood in Central Oregon.
- He arrived at our house on Thanksgiving weekend 3 years ago.
- We named him Samson.
- He’s about a hundred pounds and sheds like mad, so the name is appropriate.
- Since he was rescued, we can only guess at his age (4) and his breed (Swiss Mountain Dog and Lab mix).
- He chewed everything in sight the first year. And I mean everything, including wood molding, flip flops, and those “weather resistant” planters.
- He never leaves our sight, never runs too far ahead, and the one time he dug out of the backyard, he dug right back in when he couldn’t find us.
- He runs so fast, he can knock you over (and has).
- His “master” is Brian and he LOVES him.
13. He also shows his love to us all, and lets us use him as a pillow. This helps soften the blow to my daughter who thought the dog was going to be her dog.
14. He’s a really kooky dog and does stuff like this when he’s comfortable.
15. He stretches out his front legs so straight that Brian has dubbed this pose “Super Dog” (as in “flying through the air with the greatest of ease”).
16. Newcomers who are lucky enough to see this pose always crack up- it pretty funny to see.
17. Having a dog is not frugal. I think Dear Ramsey says to get rid of them (in his subtle way).
18. He’s wormed his way into our hearts (yes, even my heart) and our life and we will gladly give up other things in order to have him.
Though when it’s time for the “poop patrol” I remind everyone that I didn’t want a dog.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables