We just spent two weeks traveling to southern Ohio and then southern Arizona - not the most traveled of routes, we're sure. We did manage to find cool stuff in both states we're sharing, including the store we wish were nearer. We also have our Farmhouse Fixer updates which include the long list of things we need to get done in a MONTH in order to host a wedding! Then it's our best Thanksgiving recipes - the ones that have gotten rave reviews, as well as the other cool things we've discovered lately: Batdorf & Bronson Coffee, and the world's most comfortable booties.
You can download this episode from Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, and TuneIn Radio – or listen to it below right on your computer! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos we talked about in the episode. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
Some links in this article are affiliate links and if you click on them I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Travel: Ohio & Arizona
- Firefly Restaurant. (That's my sweet folks pictured above, but I want you to gaze at that beautiful view of the sun setting on the Santa Rita Mountains behind them...so pretty.)
- Pima Air Museum.
- Wisdom's Cafe (Apparently home of the famous "Fruit Burro" which is a deep-fried fruit-filled burrito covered in cinnamon and sugar and served with a scoop of ice cream - which we forgot to mention, even though we all shared a peach one and it was delicious!)
We're hosting a small wedding in December!! It will be held in the main room and we will need the kitchen and bathroom accessible, too. Here's what we need to get done between now and then:
- Clean, clean, clean! It's a mess from a summer of construction where doors and windows were left open.
- Nails pulled from living-dining room floor and brown butcher's paper put down to cover odd felt attached to wood floors.
- Wall board replaced next to new front door.
- All the walls primed white to cover the brown (half is done now).
- Siding replaced next to new front door.
- Window molding added to front porch windows.
- Prime siding, etc. on front porch.
- Muddy sidewalks cleaned and straw laid on mud to try and keep it down.
- Large pile of unused rocks moved from front yard.
- Construction debris cleaned up around outside of farmhouse.
And that's not even counting all the planning and decorating that comes with a wedding, even a small one like this! Luckily, we have supportive family who have already signed up to do what they can. #blessed
Other remodel progress:
- Foundation for the bedroom extension is completed and passed inspection -yay!
- We met with a builder who will be helping us with the framing for the extension - and they can do it as soon as we have all the materials. Yay!
- We are demo-ing and trying to save anything we think we may be able to use again. Mainly any of the 100 year old wood they used on the walls under the newer wallboard.
Thanksgiving food! Here are links to all the recipes we talked about (remember, these are the recipes I make every year - our tried-and-true favorites!):
- White Wine Roasted Turkey (with amazing gravy)
- Simple Cranberry Sauce Sweetened with Maple and Orange
- Sausage Cranberry Stuffing-Dressing
- Garlic & Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
- Amazing Soft 100% Whole Wheat Rolls
- Amazing Garlic Green Beans
This is Really Cool!
Brian's: Batdorf & Bronson coffee (Whirling Dervish blend), t-shirts, and mug.
Jami's: The MOST comfortable booties- really!! The Me Too Zoey Bootie from DSW.
Thanks for listening! If you like this podcast, you can really help us out by telling your friends, subscribing on iTunes, and leaving us a review – that’s how other’s will find us too.
And if you'd like to ask a question or leave an idea for future podcasts you can call (541) 658-0215 to leave a voicemail and we'll talk about it on the air!
Disclosure: affiliate links in this post will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn't change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.