Eat At Home Tonight: Rustic Italian Sausage Soup
Healthy, hearty soup that’s also fast and flavorful, making it perfect for fall and winter weeknights. Reprinted by permission from Eat At Home Tonight published by Waterbook, 2018.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Soups
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (15-oz.) can butter beans with liquid*
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed*
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped kale leaves**
- 1/2 cup shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage, onion, and garlic and cook, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon as it cooks, until the sausage is browned.
- Add the beans, tomatoes with their juices, broth, basil, and kale. Cook the soup for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Ladle into bowls and serve topped with Parmesan, if desired.
*Or use whatever beans you have on hand.
**Spinach also works as a substitute for kale.
- Serving Size: 1-1/2 cup
- Calories: 581
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 1301mg
- Fat: 17.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrates: 63.9g
- Fiber: 18g
- Protein: 43g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
Keywords: Easy Recipe; Weeknight Dinners; Soup Recipe
Other Quick & Flavorful Soups You May Like:
- Quick Corn & Sausage Chowder
- Quick & Healthy Bone Broth Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Savory Tomato Seafood Stew
- Homemade Tomato Soup – You’ll Never Go Back to Canned
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables