Hi friends! I'm partnering with one of my favorite companies, Grove Collaborative, to share with you a terrific offer for new customers for a free cleaning concentrates kit (there's a free item for returning customers, too). Read on for all the details, plus three reasons I'm loving using these concentrates and why I think you may, too!
Want to save this?
Enter your email below and you'll get it straight to your inbox. Plus you'll get easy new recipes, gardening tips & more every week!
Have you used cleaning concentrates? A cleaning concentrate is a product that you buy in a highly condensed form and then dilute with water to use.
While I've known about concentrated cleaning supplies, it always seemed to me that they were more for industrial settings - or places that would use the large bottles the concentrates always seemed to come in. I've really never seen the need for a gallon-sized bathroom cleaner concentrate, honestly.
So when I first discovered the small tubes of cleaning concentrates that Grove Collaborative came out with, I thought it was kinda brilliant: no huge container to store and you just squeeze the contents into a bottle, add water and it's ready! I also love that they've paired the concentrates with a pretty glass bottle I can feel good about using again and again.
But the biggest reason I'm loving these concentrates is the fact that each concentrate is made with plant-derived ingredients and essential oils, so I can feel good about using them in my home.
Which is why I'm excited for this latest offer from Grove for new customers!
3 Reasons to Start Using Cleaning Concentrates
As I've used these concentrates I've found three reasons why they're great for any size household:
- They are easy to use and contain non-toxic cleaning agents.
- There is less waste with the small tubes and reusable bottle (and with microfiber towels vs. paper towels), saving money & time from buying plastic bottles (and paper towels) you throw away.
- The concentrates clean really well as-is, but you also have the option to add less water for even more cleaning power (like with the tub and tile).
I also really like the fact that Grove has color-coordinated the cleaners with the introduction of the glass bottle's non-slip silicone sleeve and cloth set (I know, is that nerdy? It makes my heart happy, though…). Need a window washed before company? It's easy to grab the green bottle and green microfiber cloth, knowing it's never been anywhere else but on windows and mirrors.
Since I did wonder when I first saw these how to use them specifically, I thought I'd give you a quick tutorial to show how easy it is to start using them.
How To Use Grove Concentrates Cleaners
Twist the cap off tube to break it open.
Fill a bottle with all the contents of the tube.
Fill the bottle with water and discard the tube.
That's it. Now you have your cleaning kit ready to go, full of a quality, non-toxic cleaner that's 20% less than comparable brands.
I find that since I started shopping for most of my green household products at Grove, I spend less and have less in my cleaning closet, kitchen, and bathroom. It's so easy to only buy what I need and order it when we're out.
If you're wondering what you'd order to fulfill the $20 minimum to get this free concentrates kit, here are some of the items I regularly order and recommend wholeheartedly:
- Seventh Generation powdered dishwasher detergent, $4.99 - I find it easier to not over-use powder detergent (vs. liquid) and this is nice to our septic system - and is the only green dishwasher detergent I've found that WORKS.
- Ecover Stain Remover, $4.99 - the BEST stain remover I've found, green or not. Seriously, look at the reviews on Grove - they convinced me to try it and I've been super happy with it. It even gets off grease stains that made it through the dryer (though it may have to be washed twice).
- Seventh Generation dishwasher rinse aid, $5.59 - you do have another option from the standard rinse aid! I was happy to discover this.
- Peppermint Dr. Bronner's castile liquid soap, $6.69 - I use Dr. Bronner's (another great concentrate) to make our foaming hand and dish soap and the peppermint scent is my current favorite (it's not just for Christmas!).
These are just a few of the many things I love at Grove Collaborative. Their products work AND they’re good for the planet. Once you sign up, Grove will deliver your favorite natural products (carbon offset) right to your doorstep, on your schedule (you'll always get a reminder, though, and can skip items or whole orders easily). They'll even save 25 square feet of rainforest for every order!
If, like me, you’re trying to reduce your impact and create a healthy home, I can’t recommend Grove enough.
This is such a cool service - I love being a Grove VIP!
Do you use Grove? What are your favorite products? If you have any questions at all about this offer or Grove Collaborative, just leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can. Or you can ask me on Facebook or Instagram, too!
Disclosure: I received product and/or compensation for this post. As always, the opinions, thoughts, and projects are all mine and I will NEVER promote something I don't love and think you will find helpful - promise! I am proud to work with Grove, who donates .10 of each shipment they send to the Arbor Day Foundation to help their cause in saving the Rainforest. For more info, you can read AOC's entire disclosure page here.