In this episode, Brian tells the story of the hat-and-scarf combo that almost changed his mind about marrying Jami (!) and Jami talks about some of the unique homemade gifts she’s received that have meant the most. We talk about how to plan and make homemade gifts that are better than anything you can buy at the store. Jami dives into some popular food gifts that are easy to make, and where to find ideas and instructions. Plus, we reveal why there are so many strange noises in this episode – and the secret location we were while recording.
You can download this episode from iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and TuneIn Radio – or listen to it below right on your computer! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos we talked about in the episode. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
Unique Handmade Gifts
We LOVE handmade gifts and once we started giving handmade gifts at Christmas my whole family got on board with simple diy gifts and they’ve become the gifts we remember and love the most. It’s so fun to see what people come up with every year. I gathered what I still had around the house (food gifts get eaten right away!) and created this video to share some of the great ideas:
17 gifts in 6 minutes
We said we’d give you ideas for unique handmade gifts ideas (often times the hardest part!), so here you go:
- 31 days of handmade gift ideas series (a list of them all is on this page to see what might interest you)
- 40+ handmade gift ideas for women & men
- 25+ handmade gift ideas for kids & teens
- 23 creative handmade gifts
- DIY gift ideas for gardeners
- Or just browse through AOC’s Crafts & Handmade Gifts Gallery
Some of the gifts that have gone over the best (though we really like all of them – how did we choose? It came down to just what we could remember others talking about!) include:
- Flax seed neck/body warmers
- “Hot Sauce Bar” in DIY wooden box (can fill with other things…)
- Easy knitted boot toppers with printable tag
- Handmade clocks
- Canvas log carrier
Here are some of the quick food gift ideas that everyone has loved:
- pancake mixes: cinnamon-oat & gluten free buckwheat
- mason jar mixes: rosemary focaccia bread & red beans and rice
- spice rubs: Basic BBQ, Mediterranean, & Tex-Mex
- jar of homemade butter mints
- ice cream sundae basket
- ranch dressing mix in a jar
- peppermint mocha gift basket
This is Really Cool!
Jami’s: Leavenworth, WA – the cute Bavarian-themed town in the Cascade Mountains where we recorded this episode of the podcast! We celebrated our anniversary there and it was SO fun to explore this town and the area. You can see more of the beautiful flower containers of Leavenworth here.
Brian’s: Monoprice.com for cheap technology cables – charging, connecting, etc.
Sign up below to access the VIP Subscriber Library with things like menu planning helps, gardening planners, pretty printables and more:
Thanks for listening! If you like this podcast, you can really help us out by telling your friends, subscribing on iTunes, and leaving us a review – that’s how other’s will find us too!
Disclosure: affiliate links in this post will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables