I had such a great time coming up with this list. At first, I revisited the recipes I posted through the year and picked my favorites that I've made over and over. But then I decided to see what recipes you all liked the most...and guess what?
Some were the same and some were not. Shocking, I know.
So you're going to get a few bonus recipes- I'm listing the 10 most popular recipes here at AOC according to you - my wonderful readers - after which you'll find the recipes that made my list, but not yours (and my thoughts, of course!).
Your 10 Favorite Recipes
1. Best Homemade Ranch Dressing & Dip. This did not surprise me- I knew it was one of my most popular posts from 2011. What has been surprising is all the Stumbles, Pins and links to this when there are a thousand other recipes out there. I still think this is the best, and I'm glad you do, too!
2. Classic Caesar Salad Dressing recipe. This was the surprise- I had no idea it was the #2 most popular recipe from 2011. And it didn't even make my top 10 list! Um...I think you'll see there are more cookies in my list than your guys'...*uh-em*
3. Homemade "Moose Munch" Honey Caramel Corn. Well. Number 3, huh? Here's another that didn't make my list, mainly because it was so new. Apparently, not so new that hundreds of people couldn't have viewed it yet! I really do love this recipe, though- and the fact that the caramel corn is easy and made with honey instead of corn syrup- woot!
4. Easy, No Knead, No Rise Soft Pretzels. Here we go again- not. on. my. list. What was I thinking? Probably that I used to make these so often when my kids were little (they're super kid-friendly), they didn't seem like something from the last year- but they certainly were!
I hope a whole new generation of kids will be making these- they were so popular with my kids and their friends that I was asked to make these at least monthly, if not weekly.
5. Slow Cooker Spiced Whole Chicken. Whew- I can say that I knew this would be on the list- and it's on mine as well because we LOVE this chicken. I love that it's so easy, and my family just loves to eat it, which I think is a match made in heaven.
6. Ultimate No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars. Of course these made my list - they are a staple in our house - and I'm gratified to see they made yours, too. What's your favorite flavor combo? I'm still in love with the almond-dried cranberry bar. Yum.
7. Easy Whole Wheat Sourdough English Muffins. Glad to see this on your list. I'm still amazed at how easy these are and how just a few years ago I just didn't think anyone made these at home- they were just a "store item" along with mayonnaise, hamburger buns, and sandwich bread.
And believe me, if I can make these things at home, you can too- I search for the easiest methods out there, and some are even quicker to make than running to the store!
8. Mini Almond-Joy Brownies. You guys upped me again by choosing another "5 Days of Christmas Cookies" recipe. Who knew? These were great, but the greatest part of making these was discovering the BEST brownie recipe I've found yet (and I've tried a lot). These will be the gift that keeps on giving.
9. Homemade Ketchup With Honey. I updated this mainstay of our "Pantry Basics" by making it with honey instead of brown and white sugar. If honey is too much for you in your ketchup, the original - super easy - recipe is still way better than buying. So you choose which your family likes best.
And yes, this definitely made my list!
10. Incredible Ice Cream Without A Machine. Here's another recipe that made my list- for sure! This was probably the most revolutionary new recipe for us this last year. We love, love, love this. And I can. not. believe. how. easy. it. is.
In fact, this was my #1 favorite recipe from 2011!
Five More of My Favorites
Now, what didn't make it on your list that made it on mine? There are actually five:
Soft and Chewy Whole Grain Peanut Butter Cookies. I can see I like these type of cookies more than you all, 'cause there's two on my list and none on yours. Hmmm. These were a lovely surprise for me, though- finding a way to have a peanut butter cookie that was chewy, too- I just had to add them to my list!
The Best, Chewy, Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookie. Ever. Really. I'm not lying. It might not have made your list of top recipes on AOC this year, but I sure hope you will try them and let me know if you think I've blown them out of proportion. I'll just say everyone LOVES these- so I think you will, too!
Individual Berry Crisps. Even if you never used ramekins for anything else but this, it would be reason enough to buy some (though they're not expensive). No more soggy parts of the crust or sloppy presentation. Hands-down the best way to eat a crisp.
Easy Grilled Vegetables. This had to make my list simply for the reason that we ate them probably 100 times this last summer. What? We didn't have 100 days of summer? Maybe I exaggerate, but at least every other day, for sure. It was a fabulous way to use up handfuls of garden veggies as they ripened, and what gardener doesn't love that?
Cauliflower Cheese Soup. OK, I know why this didn't make it onto the "most popular" list. Cauliflower's probably always gonna alienate some people. But it made mine because not only do I love it, this soup is loved by people who hate cauliflower- truly! It's so good, you'll never know you're eating tons of veggies. And who's gonna complain about that?
Whew- fifteen recipes later we have our "Top Ten!" Tell me what you think- do you agree with the official list, or my additions?