Looking for a gardening or DIY project worth your time? You may find it in one of these most popular gardening and DIY articles from 2019!
Want to save this?
Enter your email below and you'll get it straight to your inbox. Plus you'll get easy new recipes, gardening tips & more every week!
2019 is almost in the record books, but before we embrace the new year - and new decade (!) - let's look back at what resonated with you this past year in AOC's gardening and DIY categories.
Why? Well, it's really helpful for me to see what you've liked in order to give more focus in planning content. And just like with AOC's popular recipes, I think it's great to be reminded of what's been published to see what others like and to make sure we didn't miss something that would be helpful or useful.
So, just like the top recipes, I'm sharing two "Top 10" lists with you - the first shares the pages that were published in the last 12-13 months (either for the first time or updated) that had the most pageviews.
The second list is what I'm calling the most popular of "all time" - in this case meaning the full almost 11 years of AOC's history. These are the gardening and DIY articles that are perennially popular and continue to be shared over and over.
There were some surprises on the 2019 list for sure, and actually the #10 post of all time kind of surprised me, too! I'll need to do a new updated article on that now, since my strategy has changed a bit over the years (though now how I choose the clothes capsule - that's still gold).
Popular Gardening and DIY for 2019
1. Easy Free Knitting Patterns for Gifts. This was a surprise at number one. It had a couple of holidays to help it along, and I'm glad it's been useful for people. Especially because I spent a lot of time choosing really great things and not the "what will I do with that?" kind of gifts!
2. DIY Raised Garden Bed - Building & Planting. I'm SO, SO happy this is on the top list because you know I love a good raised bed! After years of showing them and talking about them, it's nice to finally have a tutorial up on the blog for you.
3. Farmhouse Window Trim DIY. Again another DIY I'm happy to see make the list, mainly because new beefy trim makes such a HUGE difference for the little money and time it takes.
4. DIY Wood Tags 3 Ways. This is one of those tutorials that have lived on the blog for years, but needed an update to be appreciated again. And I'm glad that happened!
5. DIY Gift Basket Ideas for Everyone. I loved pulling this together because I'm a firm believer in fun gift baskets for gifts for lots of occasions, so it's nice you all liked it, too.
6. How to Make A Canvas Log Carrier. Another older how-to that needed refreshing and benefitted from that. This is such a nice, useful gift idea!
7. How to Plant Corn Weed Free. Yes, I'd like to shout this from the roof tops - you do not have to weed the corn patch every day to have delicious home-grown corn. Amen.
8. Quick Handmade Gift Ideas. I pulled this list together when I was wanting some quick and easy gifts myself, so of course I had to share what I found - and add a few of my own past projects, too.
9. 35+ Mason Jar Gifts for Everyone. Really, all the gift round-ups that made the list this year was a pleasant surprise! I love curating and sharing beautiful, easy, and useful ideas for gifts and I'm sure glad you like reading them (and hopefully, making them!).
10. 14 Must Have Tools for Gardening. Well, I'm super happy this made the list, since they are things I literally use every year in my garden. They make it easier for me and my hope is that they do for you, too.
Most Popular Gardening and DIY Articles of All Time
Here are the DIY's, tutorials, and how-tos that I've published in the past and continue to bring traffic to the blog because they are unique, or easy, or really work! For whatever reason, I'm glad these have resonated with people over the years, as they are some of my favorites, too.
3. 23 Creative Handmade Gifts- for birthdays, Mother's Day, Christmas, and more.
Did your favorite make this list of popular gardening and DIY articles? Feel free to share in the comments!