These quick and easy granola bites make great on-the-go protein snacks and are a fun way to get energy and protein in one bite. Find more ideas on the Quick and Healthy Recipes page.
I took these chocolate chip almond granola bites with me last weekend on a family “girl’s weekend” and everyone loved them! They are such a fun way to get some energy and protein in a bite-sized snack. One of my sisters even said they were like eating cookie dough. Oh, yeah- that’s a great snack.
So, I pretty much keep these on hand all the time now – they are a great way to use up that last bit of granola when you make a new batch and don’t want to mix old and new (am I the only one who cares about that?). You know what’s even better? Since there are just five wholesome ingredients that most people have on hand, it means you can make these now, too!
Chocolate Chip-Almond Granola Bites (Plus Variations)
(adapted from a recipe at Smashed Peas and Carrots)
- 1 c. almond butter
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 c. granola (preferably The Best Homemade Granola)
- 1/2 c. to 3/4 c. chocolate chips (depending on how chocolate you want to go…)
- optional: 1/4 c. ground flaxseed or coconut
- also optional are the toppings : sesame seeds, ground nuts, or more coconut
- Mix almond butter, honey, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour, then shape into balls with a small cookie scoop.
- Optional: roll each ball in seeds, nuts, or coconut (I always do this- it adds a bit more protein and makes them less sticky when eating and taking them places).
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 30 tablespoon-sized bites.
Almond-Maple Granola Bites: substitute pure maple syrup for the honey, omit the chocolate and add 1/2 c. of dried cranberries or cherries.
Chocolate Chip- Peanut Butter Granola Bites: Use peanut butter instead of almond butter. Roll them in crushed peanuts.
Cranberry-Sunbutter Granola Bites: Use sunflower seed butter (I’ve heard Trader Joe’s is the best) and cranberries in place of the almond butter and chocolate chips. Roll them in whole or chopped sunflower seeds.
White Chocolate-Cashew Granola Bites: Use cashew butter and replace the chocolate chips with white chocolate chips (dried cranberries would be good added, too). Roll them in crushed cashews.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables