Finding gifts for all the people on your list is one of the biggest challenges of the holiday season (or for birthdays, graduations, etc., really). Our family – mom, dad, and kids – put together this gift guide for the whole family of favorite, tried-and-true gift ideas to help make finding gifts just a little easier!
The links in this article are affiliate links and if you click on them and purchase I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
When it come to gifts, I know that hearing what others have received and loved is SO helpful in getting something meaningful and useful.
With that in mind, I thought I’d jump in and offer up a gift guide of the things our entire family has loved getting and using. Hopefully, some of these will make good gifts for your loved ones!
You know I’m all about handmade gifts, but of course we also like useful, beautiful, and inexpensive store-bought items, too, especially for our immediate family.
You can be sure of one thing: The items in this ‘favorite things’ gift guide really are the things we’ve actually used and enjoyed.
Some of these items are more recent and some have stood the test of time.
You’ll find gift ideas in all price ranges, though nothing is over $100 (except the one big tool Brian loves, though you can cheap out on that like we did, ha!) – and most things are under $40, so there is something for every budget here.
This Favorite Things Gift Guide is separated into three sections:
- Gifts for Women (that would be my favs)
- Gifts for Men (Brian’s picks)
- Gifts for Daughters and Sons (I polled our kids and their picks span ages from elementary to young adult).
Most of the items link to Amazon but there are links to stores I’m not affiliated with, as well.
I hope this is useful for you and inspires you in your holiday (or birthday, whatever…) shopping!
Of course I’d have to mention my Flexible Planner© – it really is one of my favorite things!
This would be great for anyone you know who likes organizing and planning – especially those who appreciate flexibility in a design and plenty of pages to make your own.
This year the delivered-to-your-door coil bound versions come in both dated and non-dated with tabs, heavy covers, and more substantial paper.
There’s also the PDF files you can download right away that contain both.
Gift Guide for Women
Gifts for Women (My picks of things that I’ve loved!)
1. Parka Utility Jacket, unlined to go over sweaters or as a lightweight layer.
2. Opal stud earrings, I wear these all.the.time.
3. Long tassel necklace (pictured necklace not available anymore, here is a similar option) – dresses up everything from sweaters to dresses.
4. Rose oil perfume -subtle and sweet.
6. Knit Picks Interchangeable Needle set – I’ve mentioned many times that I love.love.love. these needles!
7. Anthropologie Monogram Mugs – I actually got one for each of our family members as stocking stuffers years ago and they are still our go-to mugs!
Bonus: I’ve also enjoyed these books:
Killing Lincoln (and the other “Killing” books), Bill O’Rilley & Martin Dugard. History fans will LOVE this series – they are detailed, well researched, and written like novels.
Beneath A Scarlet Sky, Mark Sullivan – amazing historical novel based on the incredible life of an Italian man that grows up in the prelude and aftermath of WWII.
9. Blossom trivet – this is really cool- flexible & easy to store, and you can use in any pot with water to make a water-bath canner!
10. Specialty salts – Maldon flake salt (shown) – Celtic grey salt is also a good one AND a fun salt cellar like a reproduction green salt bowl with lid (the exact one pictured isn’t available, but here’s a similar bowl in jadeite, another of my favorite colors).
Gift Guide for Men
Gifts for Men (Brian’s picks)
1. Target Watch (pictured is no longer available, link is to similar) – He loves the simple classic look.
2. In-Ear Earbuds – For working outdoors, noise-reducing earbuds are the best.
Misreading Scripture With Western Eyes – this has really impacted Brian.
7. Under Armor socks (Brian didn’t think socks would make a difference running, but they do)
Gift Guide for Daughters & Sons
Gifts for Daughters & Sons (that they’ll really use & love- according to our kids)
2. Legos (of course!)
4. “Real” Art Supplies (I think this means instead of the kid-kits you see…) like:
6. Kimono – This link has lots of color and pattern choices.
8. PJ bottoms
10. Converse shoes (works for both girls and guys!)
Not pictured above are some of their all-time favorite books they wanted to make sure I included:
Magic Tree House series (books 1-4)
Redwall Series (book 1, and on)
Need even more ideas?
- Favorite Things Gift Guides for Women
- Favorite Things Gift Guides for Men
- Favorite Things Gift Guides for Kids and Teens
- 21 Fun & Useful Garden Gift Ideas
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.