Finding gifts for all the people on your list is one of the biggest challenges of the holiday season (or for birthdays, graduations, etc., really). I know that hearing what others have received and loved is SO helpful in getting this to-do checked off the list, so I thought I’d jump in and offer up some a gift guide of the things our family has loved getting and using which also may make good gifts for your loved ones.
You know I’m all about handmade gifts, but of course we also like useful, beautiful, and inexpensive store-bought items, too, especially for our immediate family.
The items in this ‘favorite things’ gift guide really are the things we’ve actually used and enjoyed – some are fairly recent (yay, utility jacket) and some have stood the test of time (yay books)! These gift ideas come in all price ranges, though nothing is over $100 (except the one big tool Brian loves, though you can cheap out on that like we did, ha!) and most things are under $40, so there is something for every budget here.
This Favorite Things Gift Guide is separated into three sections:
- Gifts for Women (that would be my favs)
- Gifts for Men (Brian’s picks)
- Gifts for Daughters and Sons (I polled our kids and their picks span ages from elementary to young adult).
Most of the items link to Amazon but there are links to stores I’m not affiliated with, as well. I hope this is useful for you and inspires you in your holiday (or birthday, whatever…) shopping! (The links in this article are affiliate links and if you click on them and purchase I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.)
Gift Guide for Women
Gifts for Women (My picks of things that I’ve loved!)
1. Parka Utility Jacket, (the version pictured is VKJ01_Olive)
2. Opal stud earrings, I wear these all.the.time.
3. Long tassel necklace (pictured necklace not available anymore, here is a similar option) – dresses up everything from sweaters to dresses.
4. Rose oil perfume -subtle and sweet
6. Knit Picks Interchangeable Needle set – I’ve mentioned many times that I love.love.love. these needles!
7. Anthropologie Monogram Mugs – I actually got one for each of our family members as stocking stuffers years ago and they are still our go-to mugs!
Bonus: I also enjoyed these books:
The Martian (f-bomb warning, though)
The Meaning of Marriage – so very good with a lot of take-aways for relationships in general, too.
9. Blossom trivet – this is really cool- flexible & easy to store, and you can use in any pot with water to make a water-bath canner!
Gift Guide for Men
Gifts for Men (Brian’s picks)
1. Target Watch (pictured is no longer available, link is to similar) – He loves the simple classic look.
2. In-Ear Earbuds – For working outdoors, noise-reducing earbuds are the best.
7. Under Armor socks (Brian didn’t think socks would make a difference running, but they do)
Gift Guide for Daughters & Sons
Gifts for Daughters & Sons (that they’ll really use & love- according to our kids)
2. Legos (of course!)
4. “Real” Art Supplies (I think this means instead of the kid-kits you see…) like:
6. Kimono – This link has lots of color and pattern choices.
8. PJ bottoms
10. Converse shoes
Not pictured above are some of their all-time favorite books they wanted to make sure I included:
Magic Tree House series (books 1-4)
Redwall Series (book 1, and on)
Do you have anything you’d add to this list?
Disclosure: affiliate links in this article will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn’t change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables