I honestly can’t believe I haven’t posted this goat cheese appetizer recipe before now. It’s so simple and delicious – plus it uses garden produce that I’ve preserved: dried tomatoes in olive oil and roasted red peppers in wine, which makes it that much more awesome!
This seriously is my go-to appetizer. Sometimes, though, I’ll even make it just to eat for lunches during the week.
Yeah, and keep it all to myself.
I think this ingredient photo pretty much sums up why I like this so much: just a few, quality ingredients = amazing flavor. Not pictured is balsamic vinegar. Only a splash is needed, but it’s a really nice addition.
Of course, you don’t have to use Canned Roasted Peppers in Wine – just roast a fresh red pepper, skin it, and chop it up. And you can purchase dried tomatoes in oil from stores like Costco and Trader Joe’s at good prices.
When I have fresh herbs, I like to chop some for the top, but it’s optional. The flavor of this chopped basil, though, was a great addition!
Oh, and that toast? That’s made from a loaf of Easy Sourdough Artisan Bread and the crunchy contrast to the goat cheese is one of the things that makes this so good!
Goat Cheese Appetizer with Roasted Peppers and Dried Tomatoes
- 4-oz. log of goat cheese (plain, herb, or cracked pepper all work well)
- 1/2 c. chopped dried tomatoes
- 1/4 c. chopped roasted red sweet peppers (= 1/2 of a large bell pepper)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tb. olive oil from the dried tomatoes (or regular olive oil)
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- optional: chopped herbs for garnish (basil, parsley, oregano)
- Place the log of goat cheese on a small serving plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, peppers, garlic, oil, and splash of vinegar. Season to taste with salt, if desired (I usually don’t, as the goat cheese has salt).
- Pour the tomato-pepper mixture over the cheese and top with chopped herbs, if desired.
- Serve with toasted artisan bread or crackers.
Serves 6-10 as an appetizer [/recipe]
This is linked to Pennywise Platter.
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables