This vinaigrette is quickly becoming a family favorite. And what’s not to love about balsamic vinegar, dried tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil? It’s terrific on any regular green salad, but it also is very good on a main dish salad with chicken or shrimp. And feta? Be still my heart.
Another reason I like this dressing is that it is another way to use the tomatoes I dry each summer from the paste tomatoes we harvest from our garden (see this post or this video for all the details about how I dry and store tomatoes). For the vinaigrette, you’ll need enough of these tomatoes to equal 2 tablespoons, chopped, plus some of the tomato-flavored oil as well.
And easy? Simply whisk all the ingredients until the oil and vinegar have emulsified.
Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. finely chopped dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil)
- 1/4 c. olive oil (from the tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- Combine the vinegar, chopped tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a glass bowl or measuring cup.
- Stir briskly with a whisk to thoroughly combine the oil and vinegar.
Makes about 1/2 cup
Subscribe to Organize, Plan, Cook & Beautify Your Home with Free Printables