Lets talk about favorite Christmas movies and TV specials! Brian really likes Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" of which there are about two dozen versions. Among her many other favorites, Jami explains why she likes "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" and not another well-known classic. Then we discuss the time-saving gift-wrapping system Jami discovered by accident and saves so much time and how to offset holiday treats with simple, healthy dinners. Plus a favorite hot sauce and Christmas treat only available at the holidays.
You can download this episode from iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and TuneIn Radio – or listen to it below right on your computer! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos we talked about in the episode. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
Favorite Christmas Movies & TV
Mine is the classic It's A Wonderful Life. Still gets me every time. Our other family favorites include:
- Christmas in Connecticut
- Christmas in July
- Frosty The Snowman (our claim to fame…)
- Charlie Brown's Christmas
- The Small One video (and book)
- The Ride: A Christmas Eve Parable (we hope every family makes time for this moving short film!)
And we mentioned the classic animated Christmas special I DON'T like, but here's the one I do with the fun songs and Mr. and Mrs. Claus growing fat and happy together - Santa Clause is Coming to Town.
You can read more about these Christmas movies & TV shows - and other favorites - in this article about our family's favorite Christmas movies, TV shows, music, and books.
Gift Wrapping Tips
Here's all the details on the gift wrapping system I stumbled upon and here's a tutorial on how to wrap a box with a lid - the key to making this work. Seriously changed my Christmas life.
Quick, healthy meals for busy times:
- Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- Creamy Pesto Pasta (with Chicken) or Mediterranean Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Chicken Spinach Frittata with Feta
- Mediterranean Fish Bake
- Stir Fry on Baked Noodles
- Garlic-Lemon Roasted Chicken & Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
- Roasted Sausages, Peppers, and Onions Sheet Pan Dinner
This is Really Cool!
Jami's: Trader Joe’s Peppermint Joe-Joes (the-one-time-a-year store bought cookie I like - coated with chocolate, ha!)
Get lots of tried-and-true gift ideas in our Gift Guides:
- Favorite Gifts for Men
- Favorite Gifts for Women
- Favorite Gifts for Kids & Teens
- 2017 Favorite Things Gift Guide for Women: Home, Fashion & Books
- Favorite Things Gift Guide for the Whole Family
- 14 Must-Have Baking Tools +11 Favorite Ingredients
Thanks for listening! If you like this podcast, you can really help us out by telling your friends, subscribing on iTunes, and leaving us a review – that’s how other’s will find us too.
And if you'd like to ask a question or leave an idea for future podcasts you can call (541) 658-0215 to leave a voicemail and we'll talk about it on the air!
Disclosure: affiliate links in this post will earn commission based on sales, but it doesn't change your price. Click here to read my full disclaimer and advertising disclosure.